2020-2021 StatBroadcast Platform Updates and Additions
Posted on Aug 19, 2020
Documents and Links
We have added functionality to allow schools to post PDFs of and URLs to documents, such as rosters, game notes, season stats and media guides, directly to stats feeds and stats landing pages, both to reduce the need for hand-passed copies in press areas as well as aid those who will be covering your sports from a distance. Please visit 'Document Manager' under the 'Event/Game Tools' menu on the Admin site to post documents.
Tennis live stats have now been combined into one single event type - Tennis - eliminating the separate event types based on scoring software platforms, StatCrew or DakTennis. Schools can setup events under the ‘Tennis’ event type and the system will now automatically detect the scoring software file format and serve up stats.
Updated Site/Landing Sites/Pages
We’ve updated our website, which also includes upgrades to school landing pages and associated site tools:
- All pages/sites have been updated to be more responsive and screen-size friendly.
- Landing pages now include buttons for external information added through our new Documents and Links functionality
- We’ve also updated both the School Calendar and Archive pages to enhance the information display as well as make them easier to search.
- The main event index has been updated making it easier to find schools, as well as a fully searchable school and event index for those not listed on the main page
Mobile Stats Sites
We have updated the mobile stats that displays for our live stats/mobile stats customers via their mobile domain and mobile web app:
- Sites have enhanced design to display better on a variety of screen sizes for mobile devices
- Past and future event listings have been rolled into the Calendar/Results app, which is easier to view and search on mobile devices
- Now includes a mobile Event Archive, which makes it easier to find and search previous year events from mobile devices
Admin Panel overhaul
We have completely overhauled our Admin panel site. Design and functionality changes include:
- Enhanced navigation making it easier to find tools via the menu on the left or the search functionality at the top
- Enhanced design elements make it easier to utilize the Admin Panel from mobile devices, making you more efficient when you are on-site or traveling for events
- Overall functionality and user experience of admin apps have been improved, making it easier and faster to find events and edit/retrieve information
Mass Email/Distribution List Import
- We have improved the Mass Email functionality to better detect and recover from errors while sending. This ensures that your email message continues to get distributed to your entire list, even if one or more email addresses on it fail to send.
- We have improved the Distribution List import function. It can now accept files in the following formats: xls, xlsx, ods, xml, html and csv. It will detect any cells that contain single email addresses as well as cells that contain a comma-separated list of email addresses.
Archive Functionality added for Tennis, Beach Volleyball
We have added Archiving for completed tennis and beach volleyball events. You can now create archives for these events once you have completed and save them in HTML/XML/PDF to our long-term storage
Season Stats added for Baseball and Softball
You can now create season stats for baseball and softball using the StatBroadcast Season Stats manager. All season stats reports available from StatCrew are available, including advanced batting and pitching analytics.
2020-2021 Deprecated and Retired Functionality
Each summer, we review our entire platform and code base to identify functionality that is not widely used and requires updating. To make sure we are devoting our resources to the most important functionality and issues on our system, from time to time we retire or deprecate certain pieces of the platform.
The following functionality/features have been retired from the platform and will not be available in 2020-2021 and beyond:
Due to changes in the Twitter platform and overall lack of use, we have removed the functionality from Stats Feeds to display a Twitter timeline in a pop up dialog box in the stats as well as the ability to craft tweets with the score and/or stats link from the Tools menu.
The ability to post to Twitter from the StatGrfx apps still remains.
We have retired ShotChartr, our web-based shot charting app for basketball. Due to lack of use, the need for extensive updates and redesigns and the broader availability of shot charting through scoring apps (such as NCAA LiveStats, DakStats and TurboStats), ShotChartr will no longer be available on our platform.
Widgets: Gamecast, Live Score Banner and Scoreboard Carousel
We have retired the separate, embeddable widgets for a live gamecast and score banner. For schools that are granted permission, their live stats can be embedded directly on pages now, eliminating the need for separate widgets. For the live score banner and scoreboard carousel, our embeddable score widget or scoreboard page are still available and serve as viable alternatives.